Hi My Name is…
Whenever I find a new blog, I always bounce straight to their About Me section. I don’t know what it is (my mother says I’m too nosy), but I like getting a sense of the person behind the blog. Maybe it’s because I’m reading into their personal lives so I want a first date before we begin our official social media relationship. Who knows? All I know is that after reviewing my current About Me page, I realized it:
A) came off sounding a little lackluster, and;
B) I sound like some pretentious philosophical hipster (not that there’s anything wrong with being a hipster, mind you);
C) And finally, it tells you nothing about me…
So on that note, I decided to let you guys in on five fun/random/interesting facts about myself.
First of all: Hi, My name is Taylor but I much rather prefer to go by Kalhu (shhh, she’s my femme-bitch online alter ego, lol)
And here are 5 fun facts about me….
1) I’ m a Uni student, currently studying Africana Studies and International Relations and Diplomacy. So far from the arts right? (But back in the day, I used to be an art major though).
2) I spent the majority of my childhood in Germany but I’ve lived everywhere from Florida to Oregon. 15ish different moves to over 12 states and countries and I’m only 20. I feel so blessed!
* fun fact, I grew up in a town called Angerbenden. It literally translates to angry elbow : D
3) I LOOOOVE JEWELRY! I don’t know if that conveys the depths of my adoration, but I cannot go without jewelry. If I ever leave my house without, at least, a pair of earrings on all of my friends will give me the side eye and put a wide berth around me. They already know I’m having a crappy day. But never mind that, I think that’s only happened maybe 3 times in my *kidult life. I don’t play when it comes to my jewelry. Obviously so, as evidenced by my jewelry line Yadumu Jewelry.
*I refuse to call myself an adult yet. Sometimes I feel like Peter Pan and “never wanna grow up!”
4) Hmm, this is getting harder and harder but I guess I’ll let you in on a little not-so-secret secret. I am a die-hard foodie! I love food, especially cooking; so you’ll probably see a lot of good eats on this blog. I also have a passion for Slow Food; taking the time to appreciate real food through luscious home-cooked meals. It’s the exact opposite of Fast Food. Y’all should definitely look into it. It puts a whole different perspective on your relationship with food.
5) So this is my free for all clownin’ around answer but I’m ambidextrous. I am dominant in both my hands equally. Nifty little trick, right? It especially came in handy in high school with all those long ass hand written essays teachers used to push on us. Y’all remember those, right? What a pain.
Tada! This is me in a nutshell.
Now I want to learn more about you guys. Leave a comment and tell me 5 interesting things that describe who you are!
Peace ; )