Day 4 I Can’t Believe It’s Not Banana Pudding
Today’s breakfast comes to y’all inspired by my dream last night. The jist of it was lightning bugs, and bbq’s and summer breezes so of course what could go better with this dream than some banana pudding! It’s the classic summer dessert in my family. My Granny makes the best in the bizness! ; D However, banana pudding does not equal clean eats and it’s a little too sweet and rich for first thing in the morning. Sooo, this is breakfasty interpretation of my Granny’s Old Fashioned Banana Pudding.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1 1/2 cup greek yogurt (homemade of course!)
- 1/2 Tbsp nutella
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Take frozen banana and slice into pieces and then blend in a food processor
- Layer banana at the bottom of your cup or bowl
- Melt Nutella in a microwave for 30 seconds or less. (Anything chocolaty is a little finicky in the microwave so be very careful not to overdo it)
- Layer nutella on top of banana
- Sprinkle salt on top of the nutella
- Sprinkle granola on top of salt
- Mix the vanilla extract into the yogurt then pile it on!
- Pour honey over the mix
- Sprinkle almonds and paprika over top and voila!
Look at those lovely layers! So, I know that I am probably driving health nuts insane with my inclusion of ‘bad’ foods such as nutella and caramel, etc. but my take on it is that everything is good in moderation. And hey- you only live once! (can’t imagine how many of y’all just thought YOLO, lol…). Plus, alot of these unhealthy treats tend to items that I make homemade so they don’t come laden with the chemicals and the iffy mysteries processed food.
So tell me, is this better than yo grandmama’s pudding? I dare you to say no… ; D