Egg-tastic Breakfast Sandwich
This morning’s breakfast was inspired by Dark Chef’s Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich, except it’s the healthier slimmer, vegetarian cousin. But this sandwich is hearty, filling, and very rich and it was exactly what I needed after an intense Insanity workout.
- 2 Tbsp. homemade guacamole*
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 medium white button mushroom, raw and sliced
- 1/4 cup raw spinach
- 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
*Homemade guacamole is as easy as mashing up an avocado, sprinkling in some salt, pepper, and lime to taste and mixing in diced tomatoes and onions. It’s easy. simple, healthy, and delicious!
- Make 2 Eggs in a Blanket but without the sriracha
- slice tomatoes and mushrooms and wash spinach
- spread mustard onto the bread then add guacamole
- pile on the veggies and sprinkle feta on top
- and enjoy your meal : )
So, I always try to style my food to make it look the prettiest it possibly can be-i.e. I wipe crumbs off the plate, position the food exactly how I want it to look, and overall style it to my liking but this sandwich was calling my name when I slopped it together post-photo shoot. So I wanted to give y’all a taste of what the sandwich looks like in its un-styled glory. It’s still beautiful and mouth-watering aye! I can’t wait to tear into this beauty!
Hope y’all enjoy! : )