I like to think of myself as a generally optimistic person so to celebrate this beautiful summer weather I wanted to start up this weekly roundup of the amazing people/opportunities/events/things that make me happy. When I was more active with my journaling, I used to write out this list every week, but I like the idea of blogging it better. I can put up pictures ; D! Anyway, here are the best things about my first week of summer.
- I GOT A KITTY!!!! His name is Smokey Robinson and all of us in the Yadumu Lair are already hopelessly in love with him.
2. I made and sold my first dress design! It took nearly 30 hours but it was definitely a labour of love and I am so excited to know that my friend has been strutting her stuff in my dress all around Spain, (she’s studying abroad there this summer-so geeked for her!) If you’re interested in getting a dress of your own or want any item of clothes designed, message me up on the Yadumu FB page or at email@example.com.
3. I got the opportunity to assist an amazing local photographer and gained a new mentor. Her name is Ashley Ervin and she has become my #1 resource and connection into the Columbus’ fashion photography world. She started out in the industry as a plus-size model and made the transition to photography a few years ago. Please check out her work here, she’s amazing! Check out some behind the scenes pics. We had such a blast. and the couple she shot were beautiful together.
4. GIRLS NIGHT IN becomes GIRLS NIGHT OUT! Made some new friends and chilled out at a house party. It was a pretty good night ; )
5. And finally, this last one is really random and silly, but it makes me happy. My business partner now gets 15% off at Michael’s because she’s a teaching intern for Freedom School. Hell yes! We’re in Michael’s all the time because of our jewelry business so this bit of news is epic! …for us at least, haha.
What are some things that made your week the best week ever?